How to access topic title box on Android in the app?

Hi, often when I try to create a post on my mobile phone (LG Stylus II), I can’t scroll down far enough to access the topic title box. Any suggestions how to solve this? Many thanks, Torsten

That looks like an alignment / CSS bug and not something you can fix I don’t think.

Can you let us know what operating system / version you are using and on what device? Also, is this via the app or directly in a browser?

My phone is an LG Stylo2 and I have Android 6.0.1 and yes, it happens when using the Discourse app.

What browser and version? You need to be using Android Chrome latest.

Hmm, I’m not sure, per previous topics we are supposedly using 100% height on Android but maybe that’s not working any more.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/making-new-topic-editor-exactly-fit-mobile-screen-space-with-mobile-keyboard-expanded/65248

Is your device very small? Here is a screenshot of my OnePlus 6

The Stylo2 has a screen size of 5.7 inches. I wouldn’t call this small.

Do you have “large fonts” mode on in the Android system settings? I can’t figure out why the proportions are so different. I resized your screenshot to the same width and see for yourself:

Notice how the sentence is shorter on your side, indicating a larger font.

My font size is “medium”.

Phone Size Resolution
LG Stylo 2 5.7 inches 720 x 1280 pixels, 16:9 ratio, ~258 ppi
OnePlus 6 6.28 inches 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio, ~402 ppi

Can you repro this using just Google Chrome @Openmind (not the app)?

1 Like

When I use Chrome, the problem doesn’t occur.

1 Like

So this is app specific. Unless you have compelling need for the app I would just use the browser.

Interestingly enough it is working now.

Did you update to latest Discourse or get a new app version?

Unless the app updated itself in the background it’s still the same version.

I happens also in the browser.

The steps to reproduce for me are:

• In the Latest screen scroll down until it loads additional topics at least 4 times
  • Then scroll again to the top (just to the top, without triggering a reload) and tap New Topic

2 Likes

So that is the Chrome bug that will be fixed in the next version.

6 Likes

Sorry, I am closing this as a dupe of:

1 Like