How to change theme for all users

I’d like to make it so all new and existing users are set to see the newly customized theme I created.
How can I do that?

If you want to set a theme as default, select the theme, click “Theme is enabled by default” and then hit the blue tick.

2 Likes

Does that mean it will be force-enabled for all users or just all new users that sign up after the setting is ticked? I think the copy here is less than ideal.

2 Likes

When you switch default it switches the default for all users that did not pick a different user selectable theme explicitly (if there is one available). A bit of a mouth full, but yeah we can improve the copy here.

4 Likes

Thank you all! And I’m including this sentence to appease the 20-character minimum comment requirement.

1 Like

The default in my forum is LIGHT, but the moment i log in with my user - it appears in DARK. NO idea why this is happening or how to fix it and its frustrating…

If you go to your user preferences… can you successfully change your theme there? If you’ve previously selected a theme, changing the default won’t effect you.

community.example.com/my/preferences/interface

5 Likes