How to change URL associated with Activate Account button

Hi there,
I’m a total novice and having a hard time figuring this platform out, appreciate any help!!

How can i update the Base URL or domain - the piece before /u/activate associated with this specific button???

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you give more details about what you are trying to accomplish? Are you wanting to change the domain that your forum is on? If so, this topic might help: Change the domain name or rename my Discourse?

4 Likes

Hi Simon,
Thank you for responding and offering to help!

We had the site hosted completely on subdomain, then changed it to the primary domain but this 1 account-activation page is still on the subdomain. Everything else is on the primary (correct) domain.

I manually changed the email to not reference the {baseurl} with our domain as i couldn’t figure out how to change the baseurl variable - which appears is the same problem here.

Hope that makes sense?

2 Likes

I think that if the %{base_url} placeholder that’s set for the email template is returning the wrong domain for your site, you are going to have other issues come up. Did you go through all the steps outlined in Change the domain name or rename my Discourse? when you changed your domain name? It seems possible that the DISCOURSE_HOSTNAME in your app.yml file is still pointing to the old domain.

1 Like

Thank you Simon, much appreciated - i’ll review that and see if i can resolve!

1 Like