How to completely uninstall / remove a plugin

I only rebuild a few times per year. I am currently running into an issue with a plugin I do not want.

When I include the plugin repository in my app.yml file I can bootstrap but run into blank screens with the following errors:

When I comment out the plugin repository in app.yml I fail to bootstrap.

So my question is, how can I fully remove the plugin(s) and all of their remnants from my install as if it were never there in the first place?

Failed rebuild (Could not find 'rest-client)
(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #2

Can you share the error in bootstrap when doing a rebuild without the plugin?

Here is the error when I try to bootstrap without the plugin.

FAILED
--------------------
Pups::ExecError: cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate' failed with return #     <Process::Status: pid 22379 exit 1>
Location of failure: /pups/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:108:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cd"=>"$home", "hook"=>"bundle_exec", "cmd"=>["su discourse -c 'bundle install --   deployment --verbose --without test --without development'", "su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate'", "su  discourse -c 'bundle exec rake assets:precompile'"]}`

And then scrolled up I get this:

I, [2017-01-01T23:52:03.038385 #15]  INFO -- : > cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate'
URGENT: type Failed to initialize site default
rake aborted!
ArgumentError: type

Handy with most things but I don’t know where to start with this because I bootstrap fine with the plugin.

(Joe Buhlig) #4

Looks like df-core is the plugin at fault. Isn’t that one of the Discouse PRO plugins? It’s been a while since I looked at the code on those but if memory serves they contained db migrations. Not sure if that’s good or bad at the moment.

Is it possible that by removing the plugin (and thus removing the migrations) it’s throwing an error?

(cosmo) #5

nobody knows how to just remove a plugin??

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #6

To remove a plugin, simply remove the - git clone https://github.com/... line from your app.yml file.

500 "Oops" Error Caused By Unofficial Plugin, Safe-Mode Doesn't Work
(Bartusevicius Mindaugas) #7

do we need to rebuild app ?

(Felix Freiberger) #8

Yes, the changes will only apply after a rebuild.