How to create a Timed Topic

(Deborah Chang) #22

Is there a way to schedule a repeating topic?

For example, let’s say that every Friday I want people to share what they have to celebrate from that week. I see two options for doing this:

1. Have the same topic that is automatically reposted every Friday so it shows up in Latest and New.
  2. Have one new topic created every week from a template

Are any of these options available? Or, is there another way to do this?

(Sam Saffron) #23

Neither of these options are available but I think “topic from a template” weekly is the way to go, sounds like an interesting plugin.

What I would recommend for now is just doing this by hand an scheduling 2 months worth of topics… then add a reminder on the last of the topics to schedule again.

I strongly recommend you keep the titles unique, so they would be “Celebrate week 1 of June 2018” vs … celebrate this week.

(Deborah Chang) #24

Thanks, Sam! I hope that this plug-in becomes an option in the future. Where do I log an idea?

(Sam Saffron) #25

The first step here would be to formulate it and make some screenshots of what you wished it looked like and how the workflow worked.

Not saying we are going to work on it right now, but having an actual visual mockup of the workflow would give a community dev looking for a little project a nice spec which would make it easier for them.

Feel free to post something with screenshots and full workflow in the #feature category.

(Lee Davy) #26

I am trying to create Timed Topics for a new category I have created, but when I select the category to publish the post to, the only category missing is the one I want to post to. Any ideas?