Our project currently does synchronous IRC-based daily (M-F) Scrum standups for people who:
- Are currently hacking on the project, and
- Are available at the designated time.
This is less than ideal for a global team for various reasons, so I’m trying to think of how to re-create something like Flock but using Discourse. (The less tools, the better!)
For those not familiar with the report, the standard items mentioned include:
- What was done the previous day
- Plans for the upcoming day
- Any issues blocking the person from proceeding with their work
I’ve been thinking about how to use the following features to make it happen:
- Dedicated sub-category
- Auto-close topics after N hours for the sub-category
- Category-based topic templates
- Specifying content in URL’s to pre-populate topics
The problem seems to be conceptualizing how this should look. Should each person create a topic for each day they have a report to make? A topic for each day that everyone contributes to? Ideally, someone could just go to a standard link or URL to create their report with minimal clicks.
Is this interesting to anyone else who would like to brainstorm a way forward? Thanks in advance.