How to Generate Facebook Page Posts for New Discourse Posts

If you’re still sharing your Discourse posts on a Facebook page manually, we know how tedious this process can be, especially if you have multiple posts in Discourse that you want to share on social media. Integromat provides a solution to this problem by watching for new Discourse posts, retrieving them, and then sharing them on a selected Facebook page.

:arrow_forward: The best part? It’s fully automated! :robot:

There’s even more you can do with the Discourse app when you connect it to a variety of other apps using Integromat. For example, you can automatically create a post, topic, or private message, update or delete topics and posts, and more. Integromat has everything you need to create fully automated workflows with zero coding required.

• Your scenario watches for new Discourse posts using the Discourse > Watch posts module

• It then posts the topic, link title, and link as a message to a selected Facebook group using the Facebook groups > Create a post module

• Schedule the posts to appear when you want them to

:star: Features

• Retrieves post details when a new post is created

• Retrieves a list of the latest posts across topics

• Retrieves post details

• Updates an existing post

• Deletes an existing post

• Retrieves topic details when a new topic is created

• Retrieves a list of topics

• Retrieves topic details

• Allows you to updates an existing topic’s title or/and category

• Deletes an existing topic

• Retrieves message details when a new private message is received

• Retrieves private messages in your account

• Creates a post, topic or private message

• Allows you to perform a custom API call

• Retrieves post details when a new post is created

:arrow_right: Connecting Discourse to Integromat

To start, you will need to sign up for an Integromat account, and then make a connection with your Discourse account. Once you register and log in, follow this step-by-step guide .

To start creating a scenario (scenarios are Integromat-speak for integrations), you’ll enter the visual scenario builder. Start by choosing the Discourse action you want, and you’ll then be asked to create a connection. To connect your Discourse account to Integromat, you’ll need to obtain the API Key, and insert it in the Integromat Create a connection dialog.

Happy Automating! :robot:

LINKS

:link: Share new Discourse posts on a Facebook Page | Integromat
:link: Discourse Integrations | Integromat
:link: Discourse – Integromat Support
:link: Contact support | Integromat
:link: Sign up | Integromat
:link: How to Connect Discourse with Hundreds of Apps Using Integromat
:link: Create topics in Discourse from WordPress posts | Integromat
:link: How to Get an Email Notification When a New User Signs Up
:link: Share new Discourse posts as messages in a Facebook Group | Integromat

7 Likes

I just set this up, and it took me less than 10 minutes. I did a scenario for “New topics post a message to the FB group,” did a test new topic, and ran the scenario manually. Post showed right up. I currently have it on a 15 minutes timer, and will fine-tune as I get more data.

Nice.

2 Likes

Hey @rmccown, awesome stuff! Very happy to hear that all’s working well for you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

One thing I noticed this morning. I have a ‘watch topics’ action set up for when a new topic is created. There isn’t a “created by user name” name available, just the last poster user name, which may be different if someone has replied to the post between the time its created and when the rule triggers.

1 Like

Hello again @rmccown :wave:

I totally see what you’re saying.

In order to get the user details, you would need to add the ‘Get a Topic’ module after the ‘Watch Topics’ one.

(The topic ID is mapped in the ‘Get a Topic’ module)

1 Like

Thanks, that looks like it’s done the trick.

1 Like

Whenever you add new posts in Discourse, Make will automatically retrieve the posts and share them on a Facebook page also smm panel deal helps you alot for social media marketing tools.