How to make Trust Levels more visible to members and explain them?

Well the answers which I got in this thread are good but I took a slightly different path. Instead of just copying all the content from the Disourse Trust Levels article, I collected some important parts and made an infographic with it. It worked like a charm and now even if someone asks us then we just share the image and everything is done.

4 Likes

I was about to answer this but then saw

So the obvious question is, care to share the infographic?

4 Likes

This blog post about trust levels is also linked from the trust level badges. I think that shows it’s considered good practice to explain trust levels. But with this setup users are send off the site and then presented a text thats actually written for admins. That’s double confusing…

I would find it helpful if there’s a faq page right on the site explaining trust level. This way user wont be send off-site and admins can easily adjust the information, similarly to the guidelines.

In general I would prefer to have faq separated from the guidelines and implemented as a section that can hold several pages.

2 Likes

Sure, you are free to set up your site however you like! But remember…

3 Likes

Is there a policy about using information from wiki posts on meta? I would like to put some topics explaining discourse functionality right on our site and wondered if i can use what’s on meta as building blocks?

1 Like

Sure that is fine, go for it.

6 Likes