How to roll forum back to previous theme/configuration settings/data?

Hello,

I was wondering what to do in these 2 situations:

1. Roll production back to a previous version (including themes, settings, and data) from 15 days ago. For example, if a bad actor has made 10,000 spam posts and we want to roll back all of the data. Is there something we can do on our end for this or do we just need to reach out to Discourse directly? If so, is there a specific email we should use or just team@discourse.org?

2. Roll production back to a previous version (including themes, settings, and data) from 40 days ago. I know that backups are taken twice daily, stored in a secure S3 bucket, and kept for 30 days but I was wondering if there is a way to roll back to before 30 days ago?

Best,
Cat

If you’re hosted by discourse.org you’d have to send the team an email to restore a backup of any kind

In addition to Discourse’s backups, which as you noted aren’t kept for more than 30 days, you can download and store your own backup from the admin panel. If you ever wanted to restore it you can send the team an email and you’ll be provided upload instructions.

3 Likes