How to stay updated of updates?

Hello, is there a way to be notified of Dircourse patches and updates?

by going to https://<domain name>/admin/upgrade – it will track the tests-passed branch by default, which in my experience has been relatively stable. From this URL, you can update all plugins as well.

3 Likes

I get email about updates. I don’t recall ever opting in to that, so I presume it is the contact email.

Roy,

As you’re a hosted customer, you don’t have /admin/upgrade access - we handle upgrades for our customers.

We have a couple of different places that updates are tracked. The #releases category details the major new features/changes planned for each release. As our engineering team completes one it gets checked off there.

We’ve recently started using the #feature:announcements category to share new features in a way that’s easier to track. Feel free to watch the first post in that category.

Lastly, all our changes are public on Github, at GitHub - discourse/discourse: A platform for community discussion. Free, open, simple. That is a bit harder to follow, as you’ll see bug fixes and other minor changes mixed in with features, but it’s the only complete list of changes.

5 Likes

Thanks all, helpful stuff!