How will anonymous posting mode work?

OK - so the use case that you guys are thinking when you are thinking about this is, I suspect, the forum that uses real names and then the person periodically wants to use an anonymous post - is that correct?

Of course - on my forum I use the complete anonymous option that you already have in the forums - so all my users are already anonymous - and an additional layer of anonymity is redundant.

I guess I can see this need/requirement - but it seems much lower (at least in my priority list) for some sort of advertising support as has been discussed here. So many people in these forums are asking for advertising - and the potential to get some revenue from the forums. My only thinking on why you are not addressing it is that its too hard and the returns are unknown - is that it?

Do you guys have any plans for advertising support in any of the releases any time soon? This really seems to be the biggest need right now.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/advertising-specifications-list-plugin-request/11673

1 Like