I have been reading about anonymous posting for Discourse and I want to have anonymous posting on a per-category basis.
Here is what I am looking for:
- Anonymous posting would be enabled by administrators for specific categories
- User registration would be required for all posting
- Anonymous posting would only be possible under the defined categories
- Anonymous posting would be required in anonymous categories
- Moderators would post anonymously as usual but would have the ability to make their posts non anonymous.
Is this possible? Is there any other anonymous system that is built in?
Requiring registration and allowing moderators to see the names of anonymous posts would be a good way of controlling how civilized users are. Fully anonymous discussions like image board scripts make it easy to troll and post low-effort content because there is no effort needed to register and moderators don’t see a name with each post. This means that they can’t track the reputation of a user and decide to take action based on a pattern of behavior even if no single post would necessitate action.