I have a category that I don't want topics to appear in

I’m trying to create a category structure like the following:

• Category 1
  • Category 2
    • Category 2.1
    • Category 2.2

I have done that, but I can’t figure out how to get topics from appearing on the Category 2 page. I just want that to show the boxes for the subcategories (2.1 and 2.2). I have the boxes showing, but can’t set the number of topics to 0.

1 Like

Go to Category 2 page and:

• Click on Edit on top right
  • Click on settings tab
  • Scroll down to “Default List Filter” and set it to “no subcategories”
1 Like

Thank you, though I’m not certain that’s accomplishing what i want. The category 2 page is still showing Topics at the bottom, plus asking people to create new ones there. Is this just because I’m an admin?

1 Like

Refresh the page.

Category 2 permission should only be everyone: see or something like that. This will hide the create new topic button from normal users.

1 Like

The permission issue fixed the ability to create, but I still see the one pinned topic showing up below.

1 Like

That is the topic that holds “Category 2” description so that is expected. You can make it unlisted, so it will not show for normal users.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m still trying to figure out all the options. One last (I think) question: the only way to prevent replies (lock) is to “Close” a topic, yes?

1 Like

Either lock the topic, or make sure the groups in question only have permission to ‘see’.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.