I have this error when upgrading discourse

I have this error when upgrading discourse. Now web is down.

== 20231026010114 CreatePgVectorChatbotPostEmbeddingsIndex: migrating =========
-- execute("      CREATE INDEX pgv_hnsw_index_on_chatbot_post_embeddings ON chatbot_post_embeddings USING hnsw (embedding vector_l2_ops)\n      WITH (m = 32, ef_construction = 64);\n")
Docker Manager: FAILED TO UPGRADE
#<RuntimeError: RuntimeError>
/var/www/discourse/plugins/docker_manager/lib/docker_manager/upgrader.rb:209:in `run'
/var/www/discourse/plugins/docker_manager/lib/docker_manager/upgrader.rb:108:in `upgrade'
/var/www/discourse/plugins/docker_manager/scripts/docker_manager_upgrade.rb:19:in `block in <main>'
/var/www/discourse/plugins/docker_manager/scripts/docker_manager_upgrade.rb:6:in `fork'
/var/www/discourse/plugins/docker_manager/scripts/docker_manager_upgrade.rb:6:in `<main>'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/railties-7.0.7/lib/rails/commands/runner/runner_command.rb:43:in `load'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/railties-7.0.7/lib/rails/commands/runner/runner_command.rb:43:in `perform'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/thor-1.3.0/lib/thor/command.rb:28:in `run'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/thor-1.3.0/lib/thor/invocation.rb:127:in `invoke_command'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/thor-1.3.0/lib/thor.rb:527:in `dispatch'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/railties-7.0.7/lib/rails/command/base.rb:87:in `perform'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/railties-7.0.7/lib/rails/command.rb:48:in `invoke'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/railties-7.0.7/lib/rails/commands.rb:18:in `<main>'
<internal:/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/3.2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb>:38:in `require'
<internal:/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/3.2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb>:38:in `require'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/3.2.0/gems/bootsnap-1.17.0/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:32:in `require'
bin/rails:18:in `<main>'
Spinning up 1 Unicorn worker(s) that were stopped initially

I think it’s fairly obvious which plugin that relates to? :wink:

Have you read the recent posts/OP of the plugin Topic?

There was action you needed to take and if you haven’t taken it, it won’t build.

No. I just upgrade forum as usual.
Do you have link of this issue?

2 Likes

Oh wow. I’ve have not read any of this either.

You mean /var/www/discourse/plugins/docker_manager/lib/docker_manager/
?

If so, I don’t know what steps to take either. Will now search for the link typed about though.

Thanks!!

:arrow_up: :eyes: :sweat_smile: :wink:

3 Likes

I missed that. :facepalm: I know you would catch it in your sleep. I’m more in the average to below average intelligence level. :neutral_face: Whoosh!

That’s quite alright, I think most people normally see error messages and gloss over, but when your forum is down because of it, worth digging a little deeper?

Normally I wouldn’t put you guys (the users) in such a position in the first place, but the nature of AI has been a crazy rollercoaster and I can’t protect you all from all of the bumps, though I’ve tried my best.

This change, despite the annoying manual nature of the resolution, is a one-off and should make future upgrades seamless, so Chatbot will no longer be raised in Topics for bad reasons, I hope!

3 Likes

Your yml file is different from my last upgrade. It seems hard to follow this plugin upgrade.
After change yml, it is ok now. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Great news!

If it builds ok now, you can remove all of those lines, every one of them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.