I'll Install Discourse For You (For Free)

Now that I’m becoming experienced with the installation process (both production and development), I am always looking for the chance to install Discourse - it’s fun to sit in front of a computer and stare at lines of text :1234:

So, I’m offering to install Discourse for anyone with a compatible server. There are just a few conditions.

1. I have a very busy schedule, so I can’t promise that I’ll be able to install very quickly - but I will come through.
  2. I will not do anything more than install Discourse - installing plugins is up to you, updating is up to you, and managing the site is up to you.
  3. Only one free installation per user, second installs will either be denied, or I will point you to @pfaffman’s service. Creating another account just to get another install won’t work - you’ll have to verify your identity after sending a PM to me.

This service will only be available until the end of July, 2017. If you would like a free installation, fill out the form in the reply below and send it to me in a PM.

5 Likes

Fill out this form and send it to me in a PM.

1. What is the IP address of the server?

2. What is the root password?

3. What is the hostname you want to use for Discourse?

4. What is the email address you want to use for the first admin account?

5. What is the password you want to use for the first admin account?

6. What is the email you want to use to setup Let’s Encrypt SSL?

7. What type of Discourse installation do you want? (production, or development)

8. What are the SMTP details (hostname, username, password, port) you want to use for sendmail?

If there is anything that I am missing, don’t hesitate to let me know.

2 Likes