… to use and reproduce content?
I’ve done a search, read the agreement and read the CC FAQ here but forgive me for wishing to check my understanding especially in the context of running a Discourse forum.
If for example a third party wishes to write a book, paper or make a film based on forum content:
(my belief under the default licence the answers are below)
- do they have the right to do that without asking anyone?
- do they need to have the site owners permission?
- do they need to ask each individual poster for permission to use their specific content?
- And in doing so do they have to maintain the same licence so that their work can also be shared or mashed?
- Can they sell and profit from that work?