Images not appearing after domain change

Good evening everyone,

I wanted to bring to your attention that there are some topics on our forum that have lost images and are displaying a broken icon. I’m not sure where to start looking for the issue, as not all pictures are affected.

We perform updates on a weekly basis to keep the forum running smoothly. I’ve also tried accessing the forum in admin/safe mode to check if it’s a plugin causing the problem, but there doesn’t seem to be any issues there either.

2 Likes

Have you recently changed Domain name?

There is a command line to rebake posts?(not sure off hand what it is).

On am affected post use thr wrench and try “rebuild hmtl” I used that on a forum I admin on when the company decided on a whim to change the domsin.ai to domain.com. (later learned there was a command line option to fix all.posts)

4 Likes

Hi, @Heliosurge,

Yes, I recently changed domains, so, come to think of it, you are right in what you’re saying.

I’ll look deeper into this. Thank you very much.

3 Likes

You may want to look at this if you are going to rebake posts from command line.

6 Likes

See also Change the domain name or rename your Discourse

6 Likes

Hi there,

I originally used this method to change my domain but I realised that I missed out on this particular part.

After receiving a better understanding from @Heliosurge, I failed to comprehend this specific aspect and I should have asked for clarification. I assumed that I had completed all the necessary steps since everything seemed to be up and running after a couple of minutes. It wasn’t until I came across an older post that I realised my mistake.

I will start with this method first since I haven’t taken any action yet. However, I genuinely appreciate everyone’s replies. It’s great teamwork.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.