Img meta tags don't show in Discord

Discourse links are very boring in Discord. Any chance to pull the first image within a post? Or if posting a generic category, the category image?

This is a problem with Discord, not us. We are fully compliant with opengraph and oembed. Take it up with them.

2 Likes

Discord supports OpenGraph looks like:

4 Likes

Do you have enabled the link preview in your account setting on Discord? It’s enabled by default, maybe you disable it accindentally.

2 Likes

From our Discord server

Definitely enabled. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t – very inconsistent

^ from Discourse. Now Discord. Other links show fine (shown below):

How come mine doesn’t show, but meta does?

What about others here? Seems to work fine for individual posts, just not home page or category home.

I realized it’s only on home page and main categories. Can you try home page? and category home?

/categories, /c/meta and /c/howto/tips-and-tricks so Categories home page, a category and a sub-category.

1 Like

I don’t understand - why would it not work for ours? I wonder if Discord doesn’t re-scrape, ever? For example, if the first person to ever post our link before it was 100% setup, it would not have shown anything. Then later, it never rescrapes for new data?

1 Like