Import Previous Emails

Is there a way to import older mails into discourse which hold discussions.

I have a lot of chain mails which contains valuable Q&A sessions. I want to import all of this data into discourse and make it searchable.

All of the mails or on gmail.

Thanks for the help

1 Like

Note, this is a feature we really want to get to. “Forward long email chain to Discourse and have it untangle it, staging users and creating multiple replies”, unfortunately it is a devilishly hard problem. We hope to make some progress here in the next 12 months.

9 Likes

@sam We are waiting… :wink:

@YoavNordmann & @Cozdabuch, if you could send me (regis.hanol@discourse.org) some (< 10) of these email chains I would truly appreciate it. :+1:

1 Like

Regis,
I didn’t ever see you replied till now. (Little late).
Unfortunately I can’t forward any of our chains as they are internal discussions.

Have you had any luck with your work on the email chain importer?

Not yet, still on the pipe though :wink:

3 Likes

Pestering. Just pestering. Any word?

Not there yet, we have IMAP support by @dan in progress which will unlock some of this.

2 Likes

Hello!

Any luck with this email chain importer yet? :smiley:

IMAP is getting pretty close to merge, but it will take 2-3 month prior to being ready for usage at scale.

3 Likes

anything on the horizon?

IMAP is a very very long game. We have some basic implementation but there are just so many edge cases.

We are though making some good headway around allowing a group to have a dedicated outgoing email box.

2 Likes