Improve iPad screen real estate

Hey all,

I’m browsing on an iPad Pro 13 inch and I think the experience could be improved. There’s a lot of unused space in either orientation of the screen. Here is a screenshot of me browsing.

2 Likes

Is this any better for you in safe mode? I think this may be a consequence of reserving space for the DiscoTOC - automatic table of contents — though maybe that can be adjusted to avoid it in posts without a table of contents… :thinking:

1 Like

I did every option in safe mode (did not know this was a thing, ty), it’s still not great. I remember on our test site we just manually fixed it our selves but I kept forgetting to report it.

If it helps these are the new iPads that just came out. I don’t have any older ones to try.

1 Like

It can be a similar issue on desktop browsers. This is my normal view of the internet:

With the exception of docs pages, everything works, but it feels a bit unbalanced. Arguably I’m shooting myself in the foot here, but I suspect a lot of people are viewing Discourse along with another app on the same screen.