In polls: Make results and users only visible to admins

pr-welcome
poll

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #1

Continuing the discussion from Elections Plugin:

#pr-welcome on this feature.

@jomaxro @angus what do you suggest the syntax for this should be?

Try out public polls
Elections Plugin
(Joshua Rosenfeld) #2

At the moment we use public=true to define whether who voted for what is shared publically. I tried to think of how to keep this as valid syntax, but because polls would now have more than two states, ie. not binary, having a true/false flag will not work. The poll is not public vs. private, the results are.

So I could see results=staff-only users=public and users=staff-only as the valid options.

Default (no results= or users= syntax): Same as current default. Aggregate results public, users private.
users=public: Replaces current public=true syntax. Both aggregate results and users are public.
users=staff-only: New feature. Aggregate results public, users visible to staff only.
results=staff-only: New feature. Aggregate results staff-only, users private.
results=staff-only users=staff-only: New feature. Aggregate results staff-only, users staff-only.
results=staff-only users=public: Not sure on this one. Ideally it should be invalid, but I think in practice it should function the same as results=staff-only users=staff-only.

(Tobias Eigen) #3

What about the author of the post containing the poll? Should it be possible for the author to limit who can see the results as well?

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #4

In my opinion that would be a separate request/PR. There are additional issues that come with involving the restricting the visibility of the poll to the post owner.

(Speck Of The Cosmos) #5

I would like this in order to keep the popularity bias from influencing the results of an election. People tend to vote for the most popular candidate.