Inserting a date with Paris timezone gives me Berlin

Hi, do you know why when I insert a date in a post choosing Paris as a timezone, it tells me “Berlin” when I click on the date link ?

1 Like

I think it displays the timezones set in the discourse local dates default timezones parameter

1 Like

Well, I am set to Paris, but it still displays the timezone as Berlin:

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: weird indeed

2022-08-29T06:00:00Z

ah, plus I assume the timezone set in https://meta.discourse.org/u/my/preferences/profile as I see here Paris and Los Angeles

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks for trying to help but I checked everything, Windows timezone, my Discourse profile timezone, the parameters settings you indicate me, everything is Paris, and when I click on a date I inserted in a post with the Paris timezone, it says Berlin… This is hopeless :roll_eyes:

Would it be possible to share an url where that happens ?

Much better, I had to delete the content of this setting (which was right): discourse local dates default timezones and recreate it, now it works ! Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Why does it matter?
All those Western European timezones like Europe/Amsterdam, Europe/Paris and Europe/Berlin are just aliases for Central European Time (CE(S)T). I’ve always treated them as equivalent.

1 Like

Yes I know but I prefer people see where from I am posting since I change country frequently.

Actually they’ll see where they are, the timezones displayed are “site+reader related”, not writer related.
If you input a date in the Tokyo timezone it will still be displayed in the site+user timezones.
Locations Plugin is maybe a better fit for your case?

edit: my bad ! the input timezone is added :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.