Instant search on meta

Hi, iwant to know if the instant search will be enabled here on meta again? i wanted to try it, but too late :frowning:

I just saw that, it’s public on github. But is it hard to install for testing purposes?

I wanted to see if it works on mobile and if it has auto complete function?

it’s will be available in the discourse host plans?

3 Likes

yes, all the data needs to be indexed first and this demo was built specifically for Meta… the plugin isn’t in a state where it can be installed and ready to go on any site

it works on mobile, and does not have autocomplete… assuming you mean something like this for autocomplete:

This image features the logo for Google.  (Captioned by AI)

there are no current plans and it’s not actively being worked on… so all that can be said at the moment is “maybe someday”

2 Likes

Oh and it may or may not help, but the instant search experiment utilized typsense… so while you can’t try it out in a Discourse environment at the moment, you can try other typesense implementations. The features and responsiveness are generally similar:

2 Likes

Thank you. I started testing this a few days ago in others sites and I really liked it. Yesterday I saw the plugin on github, installed typesenseserver +discourse+ discourse instant search plugin in a test environnement, pasted the api key but it didn’t worked. Now i know the reason.

I hope it will work soon. Looks very promising

1 Like