Integrating GPT3-like bots?

Here is a great implementation of a GPT bot that is able to use the entire website context built ontop of supabase (open source):

I suspect, Discourse and supabase would be a great alignment here. A plugin that undergoes forum embeddings using the approach in that video above, and then creates a user backed by that would be amazing.

I would certainly be interested. But unfortunately, I think if it’s not in the open source space we will be wasting our time and effort, as the most maintained plugin will end up being the one that is open source. And if you create and use a closed source version you will be stuck with a maintenance burden.

If you are both willing to financially join, I am in the position to make it a reality. And quite soon if desired. But it would need to be under the Apache-2.0 license.

I also suspect this would seriously help the Discourse company if a plugin like this was able to be an official plugin. Is that something the Discourse company might be interested in?

I might be able to get a matched funding grant from the government where I live in order to support the creation of this. If you are keen to financially join, let me know. I’ll be happy to run the hosting infrastructure, and anyone financially contributing at the start to the plugin creation would be able to have a significant discount on the seamless hosted solution that indexes your forum, and creates intelligent GPT bots for your discourse.

3 Likes