Integration with Wix.com membership to only let the paid member can access to Discourse

We are currently running our website on Wix.com and will introduce the paid membership, where the paid member is only able to access to the contents.

I m wondering if any integration is available that the access to our private Discourse form will be given only a certain member group for the paid users under Wix.com membership management system.

Is this integration possible?

First of all, welcome to the Discourse community. :discourse:

To answer your question, we currently do not have an included Wix-integration system, however, as Discourse is fully open sourced, you could change that by changing the code and forking the Discourse Subscriptions plugin which is soon-to-be an official plugin and is more than stable to use for communities.

1 Like

Do you have an update of when that will be released because I am looking for a similar thing but for paid membership automatic group joins for access to hidden categories?

Iā€™m not aware of any current plan to integrate discourse subscriptions with Wix, but as I linked in your other topic the plugin is available today for you to use.

It really hinges on whether your wix site contains your subscription content, or if you plan to deliver it via your community.

The post is 2 years old; the plugin has been ready for prod for quite some time. :smile:

You can do that very easily; in the settings for those categories, simply give the appropriate permissions to the group granted to paying members, and (obviously) rescind such permissions from everyone. If you run into any trouble, just post & someone will be happy to help you.

So you are saying I can connect it to Wix?

Oh, you are referring to the first post?

There is no update to provide; Wix integration has never been planned to my knowledge. When you asked about an update, I assumed you were responding to the second post in the thread.

This topic was automatically closed after 10 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.