iOS and android has different layout in category page?

I’m just curious, but why this happends?

Samsung is showing category names and three topics:

iPhone shows categories and descriptions:

Samsung’s style may be better for a little bit advanced users, but iPhone is more… beginner friendly. Perhaps.

This isn’t bigger question mark, but in Finland android’s have really bigger market share than Apple. That means for me that there is no point to put too much effort for descriptions if just few sees them.

But I would like to understand what is happening. And if there is some settings I’m missing totally now. Plus… is there some other places where a content depends on OS?

But honestly — I can’t understand how this is possible :flushed:

It looks like they’re screenshots from two different users, rather than the same user on different devices?

The Finnish is bamboozling me a little :slightly_smiling_face:, but is this down to user permissions rather than device? What does the page look like for you in an anonymous tab?

Ignore me. I’ve clearly not plugged my brain in yet.

The second screenshot looks like what Desktop mode does when the window size is sufficiently small and on some larger mobile device screens in Desktop view.

Edit: Meta in Desktop View on IOS in DiscourseHub:

And mobile on the same device:

The giveaway is the navigation being links instead of a drop down menu.

2 Likes

If I use some bad language now will someone flag this right away :flushed: :man_facepalming: :rofl:

God I’m stupid sometimes.

I use phone so rarely that I’ve forgot totally desktop/mobile option.

But… does pro-models of iPhone have so big screen those will show automatic desktop view? Well, there is really big chance I screwed that test too… One should never do something middle of night indeed.

Thanks!

1 Like

”Hey Siri — what is definition of bamboozle?”

fool or cheat (someone).

Tom Sawyer bamboozled the neighborhood boys into doing it for him

:rofl:

Never heard that impressions before.

2 Likes

This I can completely agree with. :slightly_smiling_face: Luckily @ClawdiaWolf was on hand for a more intelligent answer. :+1:

Bamboozled can also mean to be tricked or confused by something. :slightly_smiling_face:

They shouldn’t. Usually with the pro models it’s because they explicitly asked for the Desktop site by using the desktop safari user-agent or it was toggled in the hamburger menu on Discourse itself.

1 Like

Ok. It was then just a glitch of emulator. Or I’m just dreaming.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.