Is anyone working on a Discourse Wiki?

Is the way to create a wiki site with discourse just to have each wikipage be a discourse wiki-fied post?

Seems strange to think that a single post could take on the characteristics of a wikipage: multiple users can edit, it will be edited over weeks or more, and can grow very large (hard to imagine a single post that looks like this). But to give users the experience of creating wikipages, is the actual solution with discourse to allow them to create posts that have been wiki-fied?

2 Likes

Both answers

1. It is a template and not a plugin.
  2. SWI-Prolog compiled to WASM

look promising. Trying them now and will update once I reach a success or failure. :smiley:

EDIT

Some feedback:

Since this post is moving more toward being off-topic I will just update in the post so as not to distract from the main thread.

1. Partial success.

I did get the table of contents to work but since knowledge-explorer is a plugin not available with our current Discourse plan, could not implement that , e.g. https://meta.discourse.org/knowledge-explorer

1. Might be possible but Jan W. suggested an alternative.

In clicking More info was taken to a GitHub issue which is not really an issue as it is part of the SWI-Prolog roadmap, so the issues are more of a forum for discussion of ideas and desires instead of problems or bugs. Following along the GitHub topic it is apparent that progress was made but that certain technical difficulties were never resolved thus leaving the idea partially working but impractical for common use. As Jan W. worked on this it was obviously considered of importance and something that is desired to have fully functional. I asked Jan W. about the status of SWI-Prolog ported to WebAssembly and if there would be any known limitations to using it in a Discourse page (ref). He purposed an alternative that relies on SWISH.

2 Likes