Is it necessary to use Mailgun?

Is it necessary to use mailgun?
We can’t use gsuite?

1 Like

No, Gsuite isn’t supported.

Thanks and we also need to use subdomain for email thing or I it necessary to access the website also?

Your email domain from Discourse can’t be the same domain as your Gsuite. If the domains are identical then Mailgun can’t deliver email to Google.

Sorry but can you give a step by step guide on how to do this

How to add subdomain and set it
We use digitalocean and namecheap and gsuite

I did this already, read up.

1 Like

Oh yes will tell you if this works

my mail settings is set to gmail and not custom mx @Stephen

So enable Custom MX and add MX records for google too:

Name/Host/Alias Time to Live (TTL*) Record Type Priority Value/Answer/Destination
Blank or @ 3600 MX 1 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
Blank or @ 3600 MX 5 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
Blank or @ 3600 MX 5 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
Blank or @ 3600 MX 10 ALT3.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
Blank or @ 3600 MX 10 ALT4.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
1 Like

your given format is different @Stephen

If it’s urgent there are a number of consultants who will happily do a paid install for you in the marketplace.

7 Likes

I am getting so confused can you please do this for me as it is urgent

Also I am not getting the option to add new record

Urgent as it is non for profit we dont have anymore money to spend thats why @Stephen

If you’re having problems creating DNS records at NameCheap I would suggest reading their documentation or contacting their support.

https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/322/2237/how-can-i-set-up-mx-records-required-for-mail-service

https://www.namecheap.com/support/

2 Likes

I cannot save the MX record at first place it is showing error that’s why I cannot further add more records.

It would be really great if you will do it for us

I highly doubt this will happen Pratik.

This forum is to give pointers and advise. It’s not to do work for you, people here have jobs and such :slight_smile:
The #marketplace is the place for you to go, people like @pfaffman can help you get started for a not too large amount of money.

7 Likes

He charges $100 actually.
We don’t have this

That doesn’t leave you much choice. If you don’t have the money to spend to have someone else do the work, you could spend your time to fix things. As the saying goes, “Fast, Cheap, Good, pick two”. Assuming you don’t want “Bad” if you wait for others to do the work that leaves “Cheap, Slow”.

IMHO, I think the easiest thing for you to do at this point is to scrap your install and start fresh making sure you don’t make the same mistake. 30 minutes isn’t exactly what I’d call Slow. You could have done that several times since when you first posted in this topic.

9 Likes

Not sure what you mean by this. I use gsuite with my domain and I have sendgrid sending discourse emails under the subdomain forum.example.com