Is it possible the certbot inside the container can affect new certbot outside it?

This below could be highly confusing as I have spent almost a night figuring out on ubuntu/letsencypt forum but suddenly it could be docker of discourse. I can provide any specific information but let me share whatever I can about.

1. Last few days I have been trying to put other node application inside a Ubuntu 16 VM (DO) which has my existing discourse for last 2years. No issues before a week. Based on the resource here, am successfully able to have nginx outside of the container and also able to deploy different application. No issues as well.

2. Now am trying to install certbot for the outside applications “sudo apt-get install python-certbot-nginx” but whenever I try
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming.

The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: python-certbot-nginx : Depends: python3-certbot-nginx but it is not going to be installed E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

So can it be the one inside it affecting this? sorry am completely not sure about this.