Is it possible to change the default visibility settings for groups?

If we turn on sso overrides groups, which I’d like to do, suddenly, we’re going to get a lot more groups in our instance. Mostly, that’s okay, but I want “Who can see this group’s members?” to default to logged-in users. Is this possible?

1 Like

sso overrides groups doesn’t create the groups for you. You need to create the necessary groups and set the necessary visibility level you want.

For large numbers of group you can use API calls to automate.

2 Likes

Oh, interesting. I assumed “override” was a big hammer. I’m glad I’m asking these questions.

Right now, we have two manual groups, and, like I mentioned in another thread, 1200+ groups in the SSO system. I am personally a member of 33 such groups.

One of our manual groups has a name corresponding to an SSO group. The other doesn’t. So, as I understand it right now, if I am a member of both current manual groups, and a member of the one that overlaps in SSO, and I turn on sso overrides groups and log out and back in again, the result will be that I will be only a member of the one group that exists both places. Correct?

1 Like

Correct. If your SSO implementation sends up the groups parameter and you enable the setting for us to use it, we will ensure that the membership will be configured accordingly.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 0 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.