Is it possible to make all the categories and subcategories displayed in a one page as a list etc?

Is it possible to make all the categories and subcategories displayed in a one page as a list etc? Is there a setting or a theme that I can use? One of my sites have more than 100 of sub-categories and 10 main categories. I don’t want to make the users tired by going through each main category to find the subcategory they want.

If I can make it like this, then they can just scroll through and access the subcategory in one click.

I can make a link list, but it’s not that aesthetically pleasing and professional.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 6.14.44 pm

I don’t know but as a side notice that user case is another strong reason not to use ziljon categories. Those are impossible to users. And to admins too.

2 Likes

I think scanning a list of over 100 items would also be off-putting. It may be worth revisiting how you’ve laid out your organisation structure.

Though are you asking if this is possible or suggesting it as a ux improvement? (There’s a bit of a mismatch in your question versus the category you’ve chosen to post it in)

2 Likes

I was looking for any available themes etc, so I can list it nicely under “Categories” page.

Yes you’re right, I should re-structure all the categories. May be I’ll keep 10 main categories and insert all the subcategories in the description of each category as what can be discussed in each main category.

1 Like

Tags are really useful for grouping content within (and across) categories. You can also limit certain ones to certain categories using Tag Groups too, if needed. I think the general advice is to start with a minimum number of categories and then add more if a need arises. This way you can avoid having lots of subcategories with only one or two topics in.

2 Likes