Is the default privacy policy updated for the GDPR and can I leave it as is?

I‘m setting up a Discourse instance for a community in Germany. Going through the documents the default installation generated, I find the privacy policy, but at least the german version says:

Dieses Dokument ist als CC-BY-SA lizenziert. Es wurde zuletzt aktualisiert am 31. Mai 2013.

Which translates to

This document is licensed as CC-BY-SA. It was last updated on May 31st, 2013.

Does this mean the default privacy policy does not take into account GDPR, which became law and became applicable much later?

Can I expect the german version of the default privacy policy to comply with all current regulation in Germany? I have a hard time creating my own, as I don’t know all the things Discourse is doing.

We have written an extensive document about the GDPR with respect to Discourse forums. It’s more about what you are doing with Discourse. Your Discourse forum and the GDPR - DiscourseHosting

3 Likes

Our privacy policy at Privacy policy | Discourse - Civilized Discussion takes into account GDPR.

2 Likes

@michaeld Thank you, the GDPR document is really helpful!

@HAWK I can see that this privacy policy takes into account GDPR. Does that mean the German translation was just simply never updated?

I suspect that is the case, yes.

1 Like