Is there a way to auto archive a topic?

I saw this post, but my question is a bit different in nature.

Is there a way to:

1. Automatically archive or delete a topic after a certain amount of time – in a specific category (not across the whole platform?)

2. Give the option to someone who creates a topic to choose how long they want the post to live in discourse before it is archived or deleted?

Thank you!

P.S. How does the search work here in discourse? In other words, how does the search choose what comes up first?

1 Like

Hello,
for question 1 you can give support here:

However, for now you are just going to have to archive the topic manually with admin wrench.

This can be a new #feature request and in itself. There are multiple examples of these things

Furthermore, not sure how much support the team will have.

All the best :+1:

3 Likes

Another feature I think Discourse could consider is auto-archive topics when they’re moved to a specific category.

So for our site, we’ve created a public category called “Archive” where we’re working to move old topics into it & archive them. We’ve also set the security settings so that only admins & moderators could create & reply to topics within said category.

This way, we believe, would tidy up our forum considerably whilst allow members to access old topics/post easily when needed.

Nevertheless, the current process of archiving topics is still quite tedious:

• Step 1: Search/Filter old, inactive topics from either each category’s topic list or in Advance Search.
  • Step 2: Select all topics & move to said category.
  • Step 3: Select all topics again to archive them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.