Is there a way to auto-delete a post?

I don’t mean like auto-close topics, but a way as an admin or mod to make a post within a topic delete itself after a certain amount of time.

2 Likes

Not at the moment but there have been times this would have been useful.

2 Likes

hi,

im looking for a same feature as well. some topics may require a feature where topics older than certain date or if the topic is getting larger than the required size could be deleted automatically.

1 Like

We have auto delete topic now as an admin action. Auto delete post seems like something that would be extremely rare. Can you specify your particular use case and why you want this?

6 Likes

Hey @sam, indeed it is extremely rare. It certainly wouldn’t be much of use in serious forums such as this. My case is that I run a trivial gaming forum and I decided to create a topic called shout box. People Esp. Kids just shout there random things for example during world cup people cheering for their team or posting things like - “thanks for the game boys. Was real fun today” .

The babble chat plugin is not visible outside. A shout box would be more appropriate. But I realised the topic was becoming large. I was just curious if any such features or plugin was available currently. Nevermind, I’ll just delete n create the topic again. Lazy me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,

Sorry to revive an old topic but having issues finding the auto delete topic function, I’m looking for the same functionality as the auto close topic but with deletion or hiding from the general view.

Thanks,
Jessica

1 Like

Topic wrench, set topic timer, then select delete.

2 Likes

Hi Jeff,

Is there no way to set this to auto delete/hide for all topics rather than setting per topic similar to how you can set auto close topic on the category?

Thanks,
Jessica

1 Like

Sorry, I am not following what you are asking for? You want to delete all topics in a category?

1 Like

Yip after 2 months of inactivity on each topic I want it to auto delete or hide, but set for all topics, not have to manually set for each one

1 Like

Sorry, this will require a plugin now or using the Discourse API.

4 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Unlist or archive a post when it has no reply per category