Is there a way to create a report on how many users posted new queries each month?

I am trying to figure out how many users created a new query each month. Any help appreciated

Assuming you mean search queries and not SQL queries in the Data Explorer plugin, you’ll need to make sure log search queries is enabled. (It’s the default, so it should be.) You can see recent queries in /admin/logs/search_logs, but that doesn’t answer your question, I think.

You can use the aforementioned Data Explorer plugin to get a number of searching users and searches per month:

select to_char(created_at, 'YYYY-MM') as month,
       count(user_id) users,
       count(term) searches
from search_logs
group by to_char(created_at, 'YYYY-MM')
order by to_char(created_at, 'YYYY-MM')

That might do the trick depending on your definition of “new query”.

1 Like

Thank You will ask someone to try this appreciate your help

Just to clarify, did you mean Search or were you referring to posting a question on the site?

I am new to the software, I was asked to figure out how many users queries are posted each month. I am a moderator. Is there any way to determine this from the admin account management screen? Appreciate all the help.

Correct trying to identify how many users post a new question each month.

Oh. Yeah. That’s not what my (SQL) query does. Guess I misunderstood. You can see how many topics are posted each month by going to /admin/reports/topics and selecting the chart mode. You can also see engaged users on /admin/reports/daily_engaged_users, but that counts replies and likes. If I understand correctly, you are looking for something like this:

select to_char(created_at, 'YYYY-MM') as month,
       count(distinct user_id) users,
       count(distinct id) topics
from topics
group by to_char(created_at, 'YYYY-MM')
order by to_char(created_at, 'YYYY-MM')

That does require the Data Explorer, which might require a sysadmin installing it.

Thank you I will share with the team