Is there a way to delete multiple bookmarks at once?

Is there a way to select and remove multiple bookmarks without having to delete each item manually? A “Delete all” option would be good enough for me.

1 Like

hi @nhan, welcome to Meta :slight_smile:

i don’t believe it is possible from the Discourse UI, but suspect it can be done in rails by getting users bookmarks and using destroy. i have an idea of how it may be possible, but am unsure of the exact syntax. however i am sure someone else here will be able to verify this and help. if you go that route, be sure to backup first.

2 Likes

I suspect you don’t want to delete all your bookmarks… So if you want to select multiple bookmarks to help manage them, I’d say it would be more of a reasonable feature request :+1:

Also, a reminder that though using rails command can be useful at times, it’s also dangerous as a tiny error can have disastrous effects. Backups should be mandatory in these cases, but you’d also have to wonder if you really want to go this way to achieve your goal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think suggesting using the rails console at this stage is a little overkill. It’s only really an option for a sysadmin, and even then I’d say ‘advise with caution’.

If bookmarks are causing some kind of issue with the site and can’t be deleted through the UI, then a rails approach may be a possible solution. If it’s just to save some effort for personal ones then it’s likely not going to be the solution people are looking for.

But if it is, I’ll flip this to an installation topic. :+1:

1 Like