Isabelle, an Animal Crossing inspired theme

Or a Minecraft theme… :thinking:

@awesomerobot

I love this theme very much, however I have no idea why all the category names are not showing in the drop down menu.
It only happen if I selected his theme, but they show correctly on all other themes I have tested. :thinking:

It seem caused by css.

The categories disappear in menu.
2020-12-28_023532

If I disable this line, the categories show back.
2020-12-28_023543

I downloaded the theme and edited the css , changing z-index to 0, seem fix the problem. But not sure will it affect other thing.

Hi,

I don’t think that’s the Isabelle theme css.

menu-panel.scss is a Discourse style sheet.

I have the Isabelle theme and it is up to date and working as expected.

Which category style are you using in your settings?

I am currently using box style for category.
But I remembered I tried other style too.

Thank you for your quick reply.
Yes, I know it is not in the theme css. (I also went through all the style files in the theme to make sure)
I have no idea what caused the problem, I tried disabled all the theme components, rebuild the discourse and reboot the server. None seem fixed the problem. It only happen when I select this theme.
Now I add the Z-index:0 to the theme css to override the discourse css seem fixed the problem.

.menu-panel li.category-link .badge-wrapper.box span {
z-index: 0;
}

But don’t know will the change affect other thing.

1 Like

I would recommend posting in #support for this, as it’s not a theme-specific issue. You’re not going to get the eyes you need here.

4 Likes

Hi Heather,

I see your point but I don’t think that’s the case. It’s something specific to this theme. As I commented some time ago:

I have the same “Box” Style on all themes but it just disappears on Isabelle.

That being said, I’m no expert on CSS so there is always the lingering possibility of me being absolutely wrong.

I was speaking to the poster before me. Not you. :wink:

Yes, I’m aware of that. :stuck_out_tongue: Just pointing out that his described scenario is the same as mine and it’s specific to the theme, so it doesn’t seem like a core thing.

But again, I may be wrong. I’m just basing that conclusion on the contrast of scenarios.

Hi

Yes there does seem to be a problem.
The fix was posted by

It seems to work on limited testing without causing problems. I have my site set to bullet.

1 Like

Lovely theme! But one question, how many bells do I need to give Tom Nook so I can get it?

3 Likes

If you have to ask, you can’t afford it! :wink:

4 Likes

How can I change font size ?

Beautiful theme. Love it so much.

I noticed on the TOS, Privacy, FAQ and About pages, you can usually navigate from one to another using the buttons at the top, but they’re missing in this theme. Actually, they’re there if you hover, but how will people know to hover in the exact right spot? Hope you can fix this in the next update.

1 Like

I’ve just made an update with a fix, thanks for reporting it!

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 8.31.53 PM

5 Likes

Such a beautiful theme. :smiley:

3 Likes

Looks great!

Maybe the animal crossing font?
It’s Fink Heavy if you want the name

1 Like

Hey, love this theme, but something is wrong with those elemnts in chat:
CleanShot 2022-11-16 at 20.57.12

How can i fix that or will there be a update ?

1 Like