Issue after upgrading discourse to a stable version

Hi, Today I updated Discourse to a stable version 2.7.7, and after upgrading I received this error while activating a new account

and here is the log tail -----

Failed to handle exception in exception app middleware : PG::UndefinedFunction: ERROR: function max(boolean) does not exist
LINE 1: …_rank, MAX(user_badges.created_at) AS created_at, MAX(user_b…
^
HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.

Started GET “/users/activate-account/0f44cb2f759b85caecaf5ea26a1878e5” for 49.44.84.137 at 2021-08-04 11:54:11 +0000
Processing by UsersController#activate_account as HTML
Parameters: {“token”=>“0f44cb2f759b85caecaf5ea26a1878e5”}
Rendered users/activate_account.html.erb within layouts/no_ember (Duration: 2.0ms | Allocations: 471)
Rendered layout layouts/no_ember.html.erb (Duration: 20.5ms | Allocations: 5694)
Completed 200 OK in 29ms (Views: 21.8ms | ActiveRecord: 0.0ms | Allocations: 7981)

can anyone help me with this issue?

How did you upgrade? Do you have any non standard plugins?

I would recommend removing any non standard plugins and doing a rebuild from the command line.

Hi, I upgraded through SSH, the latest version was failing so i upgraded it to the latest stable version (2.7.7).

Here is my app.yml file https://pastebin.com/L1uA68Z5

I guess no non-standard plugin is used.

You went from tests-passed to stable? That won’t work. You need to go back to the default value of version in the app.yml and rebuild.

1 Like

You’ll need to find out why the upgrade was failing. Changing to stable isn’t going to be a way to resolve that.

Change back to tests-passed, rebuild again, and then report the problem(s).

1 Like

Okay, I removed the version stable line and rebuilt it again, it failed again and my site is down.

Here is the full error log https://pastebin.com/kdhc563R

Try removing GitHub - discourse/discourse-tagging: Tagging functionality for Discourse Forums

Tagging was introduced into Core in April of 2016. If you are using Discourse 1.6.0.beta2 or later, you do not need this plugin.

3 Likes

Thanks, it works now!.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.