Issues with index page infinite scrolling?

During the last 24h we have received half a dozen comments that infinite scrolling does not work on the index page / topic list.

No repro pattern or other insights yet.

Latest Discourse (CDCK SaaS), with latest update applied on 08.02.2021.

Has anyone else seen this?

Until there is a repro, not much we can do. Can you repro here?

1 Like

This is an issue has has been coming and going since 2017, and suddenly has again resurfaced.

• It is new, again, so there is very little intel so far.
  • I don’t have a repro on my personal device

Thus I had to make a shout-out to find out if anyone else is seeing this.

One thing to narrow down is browser version and plugins. Is it specific to a particular set of users? Have they tried in browser safe mode, or in a different web browser?

Since you have a custom index theme that overwrites templates it’s a good idea to try to reproduce with How to use Discourse Safe Mode to narrow it down.

2 Likes

As this topic is not flooding with comments, it seems that this is not a common issue. We’ll try to narrow it down, if possible. This is always a bit of a challenge, as we are not a tech community.

My educated guess is that for some reason Android/Chrome is more prone to these rather random issues, than for example iPhone/Safari. I have a clean Android One device and very rarely have any issues.

Please keep the topic open. I’ll post an update if I find anything useful, or request a close if this disappears on it’s own – like it has before.