It is not possible to quote closed topics [Solved]

Pardon if there is still an open topic, been searching and the “your topic is similar to” also suggests closed topics.

I would quote from pinned closed topic that refers to the rules but i can’t do that anymore without actually having to edit in the topic id and user name into the quote syntax myself in the composer.

[quote="name, post:1, topic:1234567890"]

[/quote]

It started happening on the update when the font changed and the quote button was made smaller

2 Likes

This is working now … I just closed this topic and I can quote it fine.

2 Likes

oh I see non admins are not allowed to quote closed posts.

@pmusaraj this may be related to share dialog changes back when, do you know if this is on purpose?

5 Likes

It’s currently possible to quote a closed topic but only if you have the composer open ready to reply to an open topic.

Example from try:

5 Likes

It didn’t work before, but now it does.

Thanks

4 Likes

I’m quite late on this @sam, apologies.

It looks like historically we have had the behaviour described by Justin above, i.e. a non-admin user can only quote a closed topic if they have an open composer. IMO we should simplify this and display the Quote button on closed topics without the “composer must be open” requirement (and when invoked, the composer would default to creating a linked topic).

10 Likes

I really like this suggestion to allow quoting on closed topics that, if the composer is not open, would create a linked topic.

2 Likes

Sounds good to me… @codinghorror any objections?

7 Likes

Fine by me, feel free to proceed!

4 Likes

This is now fixed via:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 18 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.