Kanban Board

Do you have a fix in mind? Maybe the team would support a PR? Unfortunately I am not a dev, otherwise I would submit something :slight_smile:

Iā€™m no dev either! More an occasional amateur hack.

Iā€™ve found the responsible code but the details confound me sorry.

Kanban isnā€™t playing nicely with sidebar at the moment. The expand and filter icons hover over the sidebar, nothing below Tracked can be interacted with.

1 Like

And seems that the scrollbar hover over the sidebar too. On Edge browser.

Iā€™m trying to install this theme component for a forum I admin and ran into these two problemsā€¦

Fortunately, by modifying a part of the source code, I succeeded. It works fine on my forum now.

Due to my poor code quality and huge modification of the settings, the modified theme components are not compatible with the official version, so I will not submit a Pull Request.

I donā€™t know if my modification can help you.

1 Like

@Lhc_fl - that is brilliant!!

Iā€™ve copied over just your fix for the nav button here, tested it, and made a PR:

I had a look at your fix for sidebar compatibility but struggled to pull out the relevant bits. Also, it didnā€™t seem to respect the configured number of columns visible. So Iā€™ve left that for now.

4 Likes

Thank you for your encouragement :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I got lazy on this part, it shouldnā€™t be too hard to fix if needed. XD
Iā€™ll fix this later and get back to you.

1 Like

@nathank It seems that this problem can be solved by simply replacing the following in common.scss

width: calc(
      (#{$large-width} - (8px * (#{$num-columns} - 1))) / #{$num-columns}
);

with:

width: MAX(
      calc((100% - 8px - (8px * (#{$num-columns} - 1))) / #{$num-columns}),
      calc((#{$large-width} - 250px - (8px * (#{$num-columns} - 1))) / #{$num-columns})
);

I am very sorry that I am not a native speaker of English, it is a little difficult for me to understand this sentence. If you mean the principle of the fix, I changed its width from full screen to 100% (of the <div class="full-width">).

2 Likes

That is a vast improvement! I tweaked the number from 250 to 500; this allowed the specified number of columns to persist until the screen was a bit smaller (seemed to be about 700 pixels vs 950)

I meant that I was not smart enough to understand what you had done!

I tried to improve the ā€˜grabberā€™ in the bottom right of the Kanban part, but that seems tricky. It is via .discourse-kanban ::-webkit-resizer. So I gave up.

Lastly, here is a PR for the sidebar compatibility:

PS I love the scroll bars too - will package them up later if/when these fixes get merged!!

3 Likes

Just pulled back on this PR for now until we sort out a couple of issues.

Laterā€¦

It seems good now, so PR is open again

1 Like

Just ran into this one, looking forward to a resolution so thanks everyone for their hard work, weā€™re looking to use this as a roadmap for a feature request category.

It is kind of stuck in linting / code approach limbo at the moment.

@david - once Christmas madness settles down, any chance you can help with getting this PR over the line to get this bug for the board buttons sorted? Or anyone else for that matter!

Until I upgrade my dev skills a bit more Iā€™m not going to be able to progress this.

2 Likes

In fact I noticed that there are many more bugs that need to be fixed. So I gave up and continued developing. My skills are not enough too :smiling_face_with_tear:
It looks like a lot of the APIs used are broken.

3 Likes

Is it possible to setup the board page to display 4 columns of specific tags as the same view for everyone?

When it is set to tags with nothing specified, it displays correct, but when I choose 4 tags the view is empty (no topics) even though those tags were showing correctly when it wasnā€™t chosen (all tags).

Hi, Iā€™ve searched up and down. I must be missing something. Is there a way to order columns? Iā€™m using the Tags Mode.

1 Like

You can change the order of tags you specified.
For example:
?board=tags:TagA,TagB,TagD,TagC

5 Likes

Oh! Bless your heart! Thank you!

1 Like

That worked! Thanks to @Lhc_fl for helping. In case anyone is wondering, to set the order of columns using the tags mode:
itā€™s category:tags:tag1,tag2,tag3, e.g. roadmap:tags:discovery,design,build,testing
Tags must be lowercase. Do not add a hashtag in front, itā€™s added automatically.

I played with the CSS, so my board looks a bit different.

7 Likes

Is there (currently) a way to have an image or a snippet of text display within a topic card in the Kanban board?

Iā€™m using the Topic Thumbnails component by David Taylor.

e.g. the first column contains an image, DC-121. (This is not my board.)

Iā€™m still learning about theme and plugin development, so thereā€™s a lot Iā€™m ignorant about, but Iā€™m wanting to contribute to this theme component if possible. So Iā€™ve been looking at Fix board button categories by nathan-nz Ā· Pull Request #23 Ā· discourse/discourse-kanban-theme Ā· GitHub as one possible starting point. And I have a basic question: in discourse-kanban-theme/kanban-utilities.js at main Ā· discourse/discourse-kanban-theme Ā· GitHub and a few other places there is an uninitialized variable named settings; it must be setup by the tooling somewhere, and Iā€™m curious to learn more about how that works. Is that an Ember feature, or the Discourse theme driver, or something else? Is there more documentation on variables like that somewhere?

1 Like