Key combo to submit assignment dialog, please

Previously, I reported that the assignment dialog was too-eagerly submitting: when I hit Enter to select the user I’d arrowed to in the dialog. That’s been fixed and I’m really liking the comment feature.

But now there’s no key combo I can find that submits the dialog. I’ve tried Enter and Ctrl-Enter in various places. I’ve tried tabbing to the Assign button, but I have to tab across all the faces the dialog suggests.

Sooo… this is my request for a key combo (presumably Ctrl-Enter since it seems somewhat standard) to submit the Assign dialog from the keyboard. :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

(note the keycasting on the bottom left of the video)

I’ve tried it out on my own instance and it feels like +enter works. Is your cursor focused in the user textbox when you’re triggering Ctrl+enter?

That’s not working for me, even from the text box. I do have Grammarly running on the site, but Ctrl-Enter still works to submit a post…

1 Like

Ah. The video was showing + enter from the user field. I wonder if that is okay for you?

The textarea currently isn’t ‘configured’ to register the enter button (there are little intricacies to that). The textarea is one tab tab tab away from the button, so it may not be that painful from there for now.

In any case, we do have someone assigned to this so expect some good news in the coming weeks. :slight_smile:

Hi,

That doesn’t work either. I promise I’ve tried from most places in the dialog. :smiley:

Yes, I can tab out of the textarea to the submit button. And I supposed Tab-Enter is the same keystroke count as Ctrl-Enter. But it would be really nice if I could use the same shortcuts throughout the site.

In case you’re wondering, Ubuntu / Chrome: Version 102.0.5005.61 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Okay, if I choose an assignee & then tab into the faces, Ctrl-Enter works. I had been afraid it would assign to that person, but apparently not.

1 Like