Khmer Unicode : title invalid; try to be more descriptive?

I’m trying to post a topic with this title “សាលា​ដំបូង​​​រាជ​​​ធានី​​​ចាប់​​​ផ្តើម​​​សវនាការ​​​ជុំ​​​នះ​​​ជម្រះ​​​សកម្ម​​​ជន​​​ និង​​​តំណាង​​​រាស្ត្រ​​​គណបក្ស​​​ប្រឆាំង​​​ពីបទ​​​កុបកម្ម​​​” in khmer khmer unicode. but it always shows this message.

I think that it might be because of title field doesn’t recorgnize the zwsp that is why it need more spaces.

Did you set the language to the right value in site settings? Certain title rules are enforced differently for different languages.

1 Like

what shall i do/choose as there is no Khmer km yet? Please help to advise!
Thanks…

Try editing the site settings to turn minimum topic title length to 1 char.

Also turn off the title prettify option, since it assumes Western language.

@codinghorror Still does not work.

I suspect there might be a catch-22 with being on a western locale. Try changing to Chinese or Japanese, then rebootstrap Discourse and try an all Unicode title.

1 Like

do i need to do this to rebootstrap?

./launcher bootstrap web
./launcher destroy web
./launcher start web

no you do not need to rebootstrap, you can change locale directly from the site settings

@sam I did change in setting but still no hope. anyway, any plan to add km local to discourse?

1 Like

sure, if you translate it

1 Like

I have finished around 200 strings will speed up for that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

as my observation, it needs at least for spaces to be more descriptive.

2 Likes

Hm… four spaces produces five ‘words’.
Perhaps a word count impacts calculating ‘title min entropy’ parameter?

i did try that but didnt work. maybe the language is complex script so it is not recornizing it?

set “max word length” to 9999

we had a very terrible name there, I fixed it

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/1f59375c820c4457713963856dc517c1eba3bc0c

2 Likes

hmmm still not really work.

Broken Latin-1 text?
http://www.cairn.info/zen.php?ID_ARTICLE=DN_093_0045

it just keeps asking me to put at least 4 spaces in order to have the title more descriptive.

1 Like

Hi there is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks!

Did you set title max word length to 9999 ?

2 Likes