Landing page (not landing page plugin)

Hello, I am planning to have a short, simple one page landing page for my site, which is primarily a discourse site.

The main mysite.com is where discourse is at, not mysite.com/discourse.

I want the main site to direct to this main landing page, so mysite.com/home, which should have a different structure than a discourse page.

I have tried landing page plugin, but it has broken my site and does not work the way I want. I have looked at related threads but couldn’t find what I was looking for.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The landing pages plugin is not broken afaia.

You might like this extension I built:

1 Like

Part of the issue may be using a subfolder install for a landing page instead of a subdomain. (site/page instead of page.site)

This is the plugin that broke your site?:

Might be some kind of a bug with that could be repaired.

1 Like

Yes, it was that plugin. Here is the post about it Repeating header - support - Discourse Meta

I discovered the error was linked to the plugin in the dev console.

2 Likes

I’m seeing this in the rebuild (but don’t know if it is problematic) with the required additional plugin…

Plugin name is 'home-pages', but plugin directory is named 'discourse-home-pages'

@Timothy_Vail did you raise the issue on the Pavilion website using the bug report wizard or on the Plugin Topic Landing Pages Plugin 🛩?

Make sure you include any errors in the browser console and any obvious errors in logs.

I don’t believe this is an issue, it’s just a warning. I chose not to make these things identical because discourse-home-pages is a very unwieldy long string, especially as part of the path!

1 Like

But he said:

Which suggests it is not a subfolder install?

1 Like

Right the main site is not a subfolder, but the landing page was set as a subfolder:

Not sure if that would be a potential problem or not.

1 Like

ah, I see what you are saying.

That’s not really a subfolder as such though, but a specific route.

Well that’s easily solved with my extensions anyway.

2 Likes

Thanks @angus for reviewing my FEATURE: Support new Discourse Home Pages Theme Component for highly integrated presentation by merefield · Pull Request #30 · paviliondev/discourse-landing-pages · GitHub, this is now merged, so you can use the main repo of landing pages from now on for the Home Pages feature.

Note you still need the Home Pages Theme Component and the Home Pages plugin installed.

I’ll follow up with another PR to merge the Home Pages plugin code to further simplify things.

2 Likes

I did not save the error or report it. I was just trying to fix the issue. If you are rolling your plugin into the landing pages plugin, and it doesn’t cause any further issues, that might be my solution.

Should I wait for everything to be integrated before I go ahead and install the plugin as a unified package?

1 Like

Up to you. I’ll probably raise PR for the backend this weekend.

I don’t think I’ll merge the TC. That will always remain optional.

Okay, my apologies, I’m not sure what PR and TC are :slight_smile:

1 Like

Explanation

PR stands for “Pull Request”. It is a way to propose changes to code in a software repository hosted on platforms like GitHub, GitLab, or Bitbucket. A pull request allows developers to review and discuss the proposed changes before merging them into the main codebase.

I really do like the explain feature of the AI helper.

TC is theme-component

5 Likes