Landing Pages Plugin đŸ›©

Apparently there is another issue (this time loading the landing page)

When you open any landing page created with the plugin, none of the JS files are loaded, example:

Refused to load the script ‘https://clientes.propulsa.me/plugins/discourse-landing-pages/javascripts/common.js’ because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: “script-src ‘nonce-C5lZ5MgP8dUHzGFnmwwI3epSx’ ‘strict-dynamic’”. Note that ‘script-src-elem’ was not explicitly set, so ‘script-src’ is used as a fallback

But there are 3 JS trying to load in any single landing page:

I tried with different themes (Default, Air Theme and Mint) and although the plugin load the specifics CSS of the selected theme configured, the JS are blocked.

1 Like

Ah, yeah, probably work to do here, because of Experimenting with a 'strict-dynamic' Content Security Policy (CSP)

Currently we’ve only been supporting 3.2 stable recently, hence some of these snags.

I’ll take a look at some point.

1 Like

Thanks for the info

I read that its an option you can change in the admin panel, so I did and is working fine now :smiley:

For reference, here’s the option you can disable in the admin panel (enabled by default):

Thanks again for the assistance Robert!

Just to point out you can now display arbitrary pages within Discourse using the Landing Pages Plugin in combination with a couple of extensions:

2 Likes

Ok, this looks great, lots of potential, thinking I could even dump the need for wordpress by using it

But reading through the history here is sketchy to trust creating a number of pages and find a single update could negate it all, temporarily or permanent if support ceases again

Is there any hope this becomes part of the official core so an entire site could be built with it and not have to be concerned about those issues?

Hey, Robert, my understanding is that this plugin was always intended for creating landing pages (which by definition are standalone web pages). It has of course the potential for building a site à la Wordpress, but it might not be an appropriate tool as I don’t think it was designed with that use case in mind.

Regarding support, it has been under active maintenence for the last year, and I’m personally planning on keep doing that for the foreseeable future. Not sure what are the requirements for a plugin to be built onto Discourse core, so I suppose this is the “best” commitment you would get.

2 Likes
  1. If you switch to Stable, things work for longer, generally

2. Our clients often have budgets which allow them to commission updates to support upgrades.

1 Like

I don’t know what that means, but I could not rebuild recently with three unofficial plugins installed, this being one, so I elected to remove all three and plan to just try and keep it that way.

Stable branch.

Yes, you need significant enough resources to run some customisations. If not, best stick with vanilla.

1 Like

See, IDK the difference between stable and official, what a PR or fork are and what significant enough resources means, I have 2 vCPUs/2GB Ram, if I had more of either my rebuilds may not fail with unofficial plugins?

Financial or relevant development skills.

1 Like

So stable means hosted solution?

1 Like