Any idea why the layouts work perfectly fine in one subcategory:

but not in another?

1 Like

It’s the tags and specifically this line:

You can either reduce the number of tags or try this:

.topic-list-item .discourse-tags {
   display:  unset;
}

That will cause them to wrap, hopefully.

(NB inline-block also works but unset works even better in this case)

2 Likes

Thank you so much! That works.

1 Like

Thanks for nice work.
but
When i tick: Enable right sidebar globally to yes or no there is no timeline on the topic. It is a bug or no ?? (im testing the material theme)

There will be another reason why you’re not seeing the timeline. Please try using the plugin by itself with other plugins and themes disabled.

My Sandbox has this plugin installed, has enable right sidebar globally turned off and you can still see topic timelines, e.g. Test event for bug(?) - Events - Pavilion

Also make sure you haven’t included “topic” in the layouts sidebar right enabled setting.

2 Likes

So much functionality has been provided (you people are great) that it has become rather tough to understand all the options which cross depend on each other (layout vs location plugins) for a power user (but not powerful tech) like me.

But I understand that I shouldn’t bite more than I can chew. But again, can’t help myself when see something new and useful.

1 Like

I agree! I’m going to be updating the first post of this plugin topic, and my other plugin topics soon with a standardised template that makes it easier to understand the functionality and how to implement it on your site.

If you have any specific use cases in mind for this plugin let me know and I can help you out.

2 Likes

EDIT:

Let’s not talk about why it’s fixed, or not…

Sorry :wink: :slight_smile: (Missed that option)

1 Like

I also was wondering about this.

Can you create the Widgets that will be used by Layouts Plugins in a theme component or do the Widgets have to be created by a Plugin also?

Probably both will work, I’ve created them in plugins.

The only advantage of doing the latter is you can programmatically set up the widget locations in plugin.rb without having to use Admin.

1 Like

Yes you can!

There’s both a server-side and client-side interface for adding widgets.

Import this function

import { addCustomWidget } from 'discourse/plugins/discourse-layouts/discourse/widgets/sidebar';

Then use it like this in an initializer

addCustomWidget({
  name: <widget name>,
  position: <side you want it to appear on>,
  order: <order relative to other widgets on the same side>
})

Also make sure it’s enabled, either site-wide (in site settings) or for a specific category (in category settings).

Any idea if the CSS for this needs to be changed recently? Just updated to the latest and the CSS doesn’t work any more. I still see the use of .nav-container and .locations-map when I inspect the elements from the browser.

Cheers.

Nothing changed in the plugin, but the Discourse css might have changed.

This is the topic list Map right? Try

#list-area .locations-map:not(.expanded) {
}

Thanks, but no luck. Threw just about every element in there and no change:

.list-area .widget-container .nav-container .leaflet-container .locations-map:not(.expanded) {
  height: 750px;
}

Solved it: need the !important comment. thanks for the help.

.nav-container .locations-map:not(.expanded) {
  height: 750px !important;
}
2 Likes

It’s working fine in my website at https://babyforex.net. But, if you use right sidebar in Topic View, You shouldn’t use DiscoTOC: DiscoTOC - automatic table of contents

1 Like

At the topic Page,

Post Navigation is hidden.

I think Post Navigation can move to left of site and Sidebar is on the right site.

Is it showing me error - “No setting named 'layouts_sidebar_left_enabled” exists and same for any settings that I am trying to make in it.

Can you please elaborate on the steps you are taking to get that error? Please provide enough detail so that someone can reproduce it.

Are you using an up-to-date official Discourse build? We only support our plugins on tests-passed branch.