Light Theme broke with update

Our Discourse was updated yesterday and a few hours later two users informed me their preferred Light theme was replaced by Shades of Blue (which had been made the default). They switched back and forth between the two but are stuck with Shades of Blue.

When I checked in the Dashboard the first thing I noticed was the forum was updated 7 hours earlier - when both users were off-line. When I checked the Themes, the color scheme for Light is blank! I think what happened with the update is the Light theme color scheme was cleared so she was defaulted to the Shades of Blue theme… or the Light theme grabbed the Shades of Blue color scheme as something to replace the blank scheme it now has.

All the other Themes work without any problem. If it was only one user I would say she changed her preferences, but there are two users involved. I believe all my other users are using the Dark Theme and Shades of Blue. One may be using Vincent.

3 Likes

We have the same Problem in our Board.
Fun fact: When I am not logged in and switch the theme using the Theme Selector, it works as intended.

2 Likes

Same here! I had to make a new colour palette for light theme. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Sorry for the trouble everyone! The issue was fixed by @pmusaraj here:

If you are still seeing related issues on latest Discourse or as a hosted customer, please let us know.

5 Likes

Still the same here (customer). We’ll wait for it to be updated. My users are very obliging and patient. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

just updated … problem seems to still be there :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know :slight_smile:

As we mentioned on the other topic, you can fix this immediately by renaming or re-generating the color scheme (which bypasses the cache mechanism) but Penar will have another look at this when he starts his day to fix any remaining issues.

4 Likes

Hey @JimPas,

Did you already fix the color scheme? Maybe keeping it as it is for a few hours might help Penar debug the issue for hosted customers when he starts his day. If you did, no problem.

2 Likes

No, I haven’t touched it. I’ll leave it alone so he can check it out. :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you, we’re on it :raised_hands:

2 Likes

The site is hosted by Discourse plan: Discourse pricing | Discourse - Civilized Discussion

The original site on https://meta.discourse.org/ still has its colors:

But here our light theme changed stuff:

Did you change something? Or discourse broke all by himself?

If new colors for the light theme are desired, it would be better to create a new one instead of changing the default one as these new colors are not nice to see, i.e., makes it hard to read stuff.

The discord maintainer said no changes were made. The site always had 3 colors schemes since its first release:

Related:

1 Like

Hey,

Thanks for reporting this, we’re already working on it. I’ve merged your post into this existing topic so that we don’t lose track of your site.

5 Likes

Thanks for your patience, folks, I have posted a fix for this issue. @JimPas your site should be already back to normal. I believe @addons_zz the Anki forums should also be fixed, do let me know if it isn’t fixed there yet.

@Finis is your site hosted with us? If not, you’ll need to rebuild it.

5 Likes

I just checked and it is fixed/back to normal. Thanks!

4 Likes

I refreshed my browser (just in case), checked on the color scheme and it’s still showing blank… BUT the them is working! :+1: I’m curious… did the color scheme ever show for the default-installed Light Theme?

Regardless, it is working. Thank you.

2 Likes

No, not recently anyway. I will fix that as well shortly, the dropdown looks strange when it is empty.

3 Likes

old topic but I have a similar issue, started noticing when installing (officials) theme components (Hamburger Theme Selector and discourse-category-banners and Dark-Light Toggle), I’m self hosted running 2.9.0.beta14.

I had changed the sub groups to 3 in this way: https://meta.discourse.org/t/sub-sub-categories/139309/7?u=sjefromijn and changed back to 2, but unsure if related.

I chose the default theme with ‘shades of blue’ color scheme during installation/wizard, but it’s stuck there and none of the theme components work. Where to look or change anything?

1 Like

I don’t know anything but I would disable both theme selector and dark/light toggle, and after that give a new try.

1 Like

yeah done that a soon as I noticed, everything still shades of blue

I can install another theme (classic) and then at least the colors change, but the components are not visible when activated.

Well and this… https://meta.discourse.org/t/docker-error-while-discourse-installation/199469/7?u=sjefromijn

1 Like