Limiting a topic to members only

This is likely limited in scope as far as number of people that would use it, but I’m trying to nail down a way of giving out a discount code to members only. I’d like to create a new topic with details and the code itself, but I don’t want it visible to the public. The point is to encourage people to sign up for the community.

I’m a bit hesitant to do this as I don’t want people to just sign up, get the discount, and leave. I thought about a badge for users who created their first topic before granting access to the discount topic, but I would still need a way to limit access to that topic.

Any ideas? I’d be grateful for any help in solving this.

You’d have to setup a new category, make it so only TL 1 can create/view/reply, and post it there. Then the only ones who will have access are those who interacted with your site to get out of TL 0.

3 Likes

Thanks, @cpradio. That makes sense and sounds exactly like what I’m looking for. I can always tweak my TL settings if I need, but I would assume they are what I want with the defaults in place. Thanks for the different perspective.

2 Likes