Link broken in activation email

I followed the setup document from this link: Set up Discourse in the cloud in under 30 minutes

I have a domain name registered on namecheap and created an A record on digitalOcean, pointing to the IP address of the droplet.

Everything goes right before I finished setup. However, when I tried to register administrator account and click the link in the activation email, it says " This site can’t be reached." and " Server IP address not be found". Here “demo” is the hostname of my droplet on digitalOcean.

I looked up production.log in the directory: /var/discourse/shared/standalone/log/rails/production.log

Error connecting to Redis on localhost:6379 (Errno::ECONNREFUSED) subscribe failed, reconnecting in 1 second. 

Call stack 

["/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/redis-4.0.1/lib/redis/client.rb:344:in `rescue in establish_connection'", 

"/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/redis-4.0.1/lib/redis/client.rb:328:in `establish_connection'", 

"/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/redis-4.0.1/lib/redis/client.rb:99:in `block in connect'", 

"/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/redis-4.0.1/lib/redis/client.rb:291:in `with_reconnect'", 

"/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/redis-4.0.1/lib/redis/client.rb:98:in `connect'", 

"/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/redis-4.0.1/lib/redis/client.rb:363:in `ensure_connected'", 

"/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/redis-4.0.1/lib/redis/client.rb:219:in `block in process'", 

"/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/redis-4.0.1/lib/redis/client.rb:304:in `logging'", 

"/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/redis-4.0.1/lib/redis/client.rb:218:in `process'", 

"/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/redis-4.0.1/lib/redis/client.rb:132:in `block in call_loop'", 

"/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/redis-4.0.1/lib/redis/client.rb:278:in `with_socket_timeout'", 

”/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/redis-4.0.1/lib/redis/client.rb:131:in `call_loop'", 

"/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/redis-4.0.1/lib/redis/subscribe.rb:43:in `subscription'", 

"/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/redis-4.0.1/lib/redis/subscribe.rb:12:in `subscribe'", 

"/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/redis-4.0.1/lib/redis.rb:2824:in `_subscription'", 

"/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.5.0/gems/redis-4.0.1/lib/redis.rb:2192:in `block in subscribe'"

I am not sure how this is related to the broken link. So I posted here for help. Thanks in advance!

I am not sure about the broken link. However your Redis seems to be down. Could you do the following to verify Redis is running?
(Assuming your container is named app)

sudo ./launcher enter app
redis-cli ping

You should get a PONG

Be sure to have the redis template in your container configuration -> “templates/redis.template.yml”

1 Like

You should get a PONG

Yes I got the PONG response.

47%20PM

I would run discourse setup again and make sure that your domain name is correct. You can also enable let’s encrypt which will check the dns setting.

1 Like