Live notifications after do not disturb

Does that mean live notifications (should) work again after the do not disturb time is over?

2 Likes

What are “live notifications” in this context? Android PWA?

“Do Not Disturb” mode should toggle notifications in all contexts, me thinks.

@Moin this seems like something you can test, so is there a concern you haven’t shared with us? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. Somehow they always got disabled on my phone (Android, not PWA) after DND was enabled. Because I did not try on another device, I thought maybe I understood DND wrong or missed a setting. But after trying on my computer, I now know they should not be disabled by DND. But I could also replicate the problem with my computer using mobile view.
Here are the steps to reproduce

• Switch to mobile view by adding ?mobile_view=1 (not in the screen cast, but you can see mobile view is used)
  • Enable live notifications and save,
  • reload the page,
  • activate the do not disturb mode,
  • reload the page again.
  • Now Live notifications are shown as disabled (That is different using desktop-mode)
  • Then I deactivate the disturb mode, reload the page and view the preferences.
  • Now live notifications are still disabled.

Record on windows using mobile view.
As soon as I enable the notifications using desktop mode, they are not disabled by the do not disturb mode, although I then used mobile-view again. But notifications get disabled when I activate them in mobile view and enter DND in desktop-view.
So something must be different, when you activate notifications using mobile view. I also noticed the notification looks different
notification

I was too lazy to try whether notifications work or not. I just had a look at the setting. But I first noticed notifications did not work before noticing they got disabled, so I think this is related

Does anyone have an idea how I can use DND and push notifications on mobile without enabling them every day?